"Dailies" has the latest work on the most current film
in the series about pace setting architecture.
The documentary-in-progress is "Ten Things To Love About Architect Alfred Browning Parker". "Dailies" is like an on line sketch book where visitors can see ideas take shape. Please feel free to leave a comment, make a suggestion or offer support - all are welcome.
Want to get more involved? Support the production of "Ten Things To Love About Architect Alfred Browning Parker".
• Become a "Pace Setter Patron" & have your name & portrait added to the slide show/animation of donors. Click the link at the top of the right side bar to see the latest slide show/animation.
• Got a sweet tooth? Join the "Pace Setter Cookie Club" & enjoy home-made cookies baked in honor of the four architects of the film series: Frank Lloyd Wright, John Lautner, Alfred Browning Parker & Vaughan Trammell. Purchase through Paypal.
• Purchase limited edition, hand-made ceramic tiles, stamped with the symbols & signed by the key players of the film series. Purchase through Paypal.
• Become a volunteer & learn more about documentary film production, modern architecture & Alfred Browning Parker. See the "Help Wanted" section in the side bar.
• Donate directly or through the film's fiscal sponsor: The San Francisco Film Society. Click the SFFS link in the side bar.
Click above to meet the architect.
The clip begins with the previous film title: For Use & Beauty: The Architecture of Alfred Browning Parker. The new title is Ten Things To Love About Alfred Browning Parker.
Like many architects following September 11th, 2001, Alfred Browning Parker took up the task at hand. "America's Bridge" is his (unsolicited and ultimately rejected) proposal to re-design the World Trade Center site. The video is an imagined, composited sequence. Parker's plans and drawings, video and photographs of lower Manhattan, and original animation by du Rivage, illustrate what might be with enlightened civic leadership.
A family tree of architects, designers and clients from House du Rivage Productions: 10 Things to Love About Alfred Browning Parker & Our Pace Setters.